Lt Col Emil Bliss is the Director of Community Initiatives, 12th Flying Training Wing, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph. As Director, he is the principal point of contact for community engagement and relations.
Colonel Bliss is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley where he received his Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering and his Air Force commission through ROTC. He also attended Embry Riddle Aeronautical Engineering University where he was awarded a Master’s degree in Aeronautical Science.
As a command pilot with more than 3000 flying hours in the T-37, T-38, and F-15C, he has specialized in counter encroachment issues including compatible development, small unmanned aerial systems (drones), and bird airstrike hazard avoidance.
- Student, undergraduate pilot training, Laughlin AFB, TX
- T-37 Instructor Pilot, 85 Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin AFB, TX
- Student, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, 435 FTS, Moody AFB, GA
- Student, F-15C Formal Training Unit, 95 FS, Tyndall AFB, FL
- F-15C Flight Lead and Flight Commander, 19 FS, Elmendorf AFB, AK
- Chief of Training and Battle Watch Duty Officer, 607 Combat Operations Division, Osan AB, South Korea
- F-15C Flight Lead and Assistant Director of Operations, 493d FS, RAF Lakenheath, UK
- Wing Chief of Flight Safety and F-15C Flight Lead, 48 FW, RAF Lakenheath, UK
- OG Director of Plans and T-38C Instructor Pilot, 47 OG, Laughlin AFB, TX
- Wing Chief of Inspections and T-38C Instructor Pilot, 47 FTW, Laughlin AFB, TX
- Deputy Air Component Coordination Element, Djibouti
- Assistant Director of Operations and Chief of Programming, 87 FTS, Laughlin AFB, TX
- Assistant Director of Operations, 560 FTS, JBSA-Randolph, TX
- Director, Joint Base San Antonio Open House and Air Show, JBSA-Randolph, TX
- Director of Community Initiatives, 12 FTW, JBSA-Randolph, TX